Associate Director, Market Access Programs
Associate Director, Market Access Programs
Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting new opportunity for a high performing Market Access professional looking to join and contribute to a high growth Biotech/Medtech company with multiple Cell Therapy products on the market as well as a strong balance sheet. Reporting directly to the Director, Market Access at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing $2 Billion+ market cap life sciences company with a talented team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve.
The Associate Director, Market Access Programs will be responsible for leading the partnership with MACI®’s (autologous cultured chondrocytes on porcine membrane) patient service program, MyCartilageCare®. He/she will oversee the operations of the program, liaise with stakeholders, drive strategic growth of MACI via program management, and will be responsible for the overall performance of the program. This role reports to the Market Access Lead at Vericel
- Operational aspects:
- Execute operational excellence & program oversight including document creation and socialization, performance tracking, vendor training, contract update, vendor performance management
- Collaborate, manage, influence, and proactively communicate with cross-functional stakeholders and key external partners
- Review and approve invoices
- Manage quarterly/annual readout / reporting for programs
- Proactively identify opportunities / issues leveraging data and business context to enable program improvement
- Strategic aspects:
- Derive insights and develop recommendations based on data analytics and tracking to continue optimizing the performance of the program to achieve short-term and long-term goals
- Assess, manage, and resolve problematic developments and situations
- Taking a hypothesis and data driven approach, leverage internal and external resources to develop solutions when issues arise
- Relationship management
- Develop and nurture a strong collaborative partnership with internal cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Engage with Specialty Pharmacy channel partners for optimization opportunities
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An ongoing commitment to conducting according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Complying with applicable laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Advanced Degree in Healthcare, Healthcare Economics, or Business Administration is preferred)
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in reimbursement in pharmaceutical, medical device, life sciences consulting or the biotech industry
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A strong sense of responsibility and accountability
- Excellent communication skills & ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experience with managing vendor relationships and contracts
- Disciplined project & program management to deliver and monitor multi-stakeholder plans
- Strong understanding of medical reimbursement with specialty pharmacies (billing, coding, coverage, and payment) in the healthcare
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and a high level of comfort with data
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Occasional business travel to tradeshows, sales meetings, educational programs and customer and partner meetings.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.