Director, Supply Chain
Director, Supply Chain
Directs all aspects of the organization’s supply chain including but not limited to material planning, purchasing, raw material distribution, staff management and warehousing. Develops departmental objectives and procedures with respect to inventory levels and metrics. Utilizes expertise in field's concepts, practices, and procedures to ensure cGMP compliance and promote constant improvement. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
- Oversight of the Material departments (Materials Management and Material Handling) with emphasis on colleague development.
- Manage operating budget and allocate resources to optimize business results.
- Direct activities related to controlled materials: material selection, purchase and inventory control, shipping/receiving and materials storage.
- Ensure supply chain continuity to meet company requirements while maintaining acceptable inventory levels.
- Subject matter expert for organization’s ERP system with respect to Item Data, Purchasing, Inventory Control, and Bills of Materials.
- Negotiate pricing and maintain standard cost data for the organization.
- Lead relationships with suppliers, including 3PLs, CMOs, and wholesalers.
- Collaborate with legal to review and implement supply agreements with key suppliers.
- Provide leadership of cross-functional projects and teams to ensure successful completion on schedule and within budget.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in production operations management or related field.
- Supply Chain Management certification(s) (e.g., CSCP, CPIM, SCOR-P, CPM, etc.).
- Minimum of 15 years practical experience in Materials Planning and Purchasing.
- Minimum of 10 years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated record of career progression within field.
- Expertise with budget, forecasting and materials management.
- Experience working in a CGMP/FDA regulated environment.
- Demonstrated expertise with ERP systems, 3PL and CMO oversight.
- Experience with serialization, including global requirements.
- Highly effective and professional communication skills with employees and supplier representatives at all levels.
- Established track record of mentoring and developing staff and building high performing teams.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- On call for weekend and holiday coverage.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.