The Research and Development (R&D) group within Vericel supports the continuing development, characterization and validation of manufacturing methods, novel assays, new technology and operational improvements. This group manages technology transfers, clinical manufacturing, training, database development, trending analysis and stability. The R&D team plays an important role in commercial manufacturing troubleshooting, root cause investigation, process optimization and product life cycle management.
Responsible for lab maintenance activities throughout the R&D and Quality Control (QC) labs to support routine activities. Demonstrate an attention to detail in all activities.
- Safety lab inspections
- Material inventory, ordering and stocking
- Equipment sanitization, deviation handling, and scheduled maintenance
- General lab cleaning and organization
- Instrument calibration
- Pipet deviation handling and scheduled maintenance
- CO2 incubator maintenance
- Decontamination and washing of vacuum traps
- Hazardous waste inspection
- Sharps container management
- Glassware/instrument washing
- Instrument packaging and autoclaving
- Media preparation
- Biopsy receipt, preparation and storage
- Report/notebook scanning
- Labeling of materials and reagents
- Maintain operational and safe working environment in accordance with BL-2 standards
- Utilization of Good Documentation Practices in all record keeping
- May include cross training in additional functional areas
- Other duties as assigned
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 0-1 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in laboratory setting preferred
- Experience in a GLP/GMP environment preferred
- Computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to problem solve and promote continuous improvement
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Effective communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
- Ability to multitask
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.