Burn Therapy Specialist – Clinical Support
Burn Therapy Specialist – Clinical Support
Front line, commercial position responsible for providing clinical support in the procurement of Vericel products and the management of cases from biopsy through multiple surgical procedures and ultimate discharge of Vericel burn patients. Also responsible for generating expanded demand for Vericel products and services in existing accounts by providing guidance and support for care of appropriate burn patients within those accounts. Success measured by quality of individual case coverage, along with level of expanded use of Vericel products in existing accounts.
Provide clinical support for patients receiving Vericel products:
- Full engagement in and intimate knowledge of the care of Vericel burn patients from admission through discharge
- Participation in various Operating room procedures for each Epicel patient, including:
- Epicel placements
- Dressing changes
- Other miscellaneous
Awareness of and impact on burn centers’ evolving patient population, including:
- Potential Vericel patients based on clinical profile
- Decisions regarding when a biopsy for possible Epicel use is appropriate
Intimate knowledge of various burn product utilization protocols
- Clear understanding of Epicel’s role(s) within these protocols
- Epicel use and interactions with other products
- Competitive threats to Vericel
- Availability of medical supplies at key at active accounts that are compatible with Epicel
Train and support all appropriate staff in active accounts and select prospect accounts
- All procedures associated with Epicel
- Supplies compatible and not compatible with Epicel
- Coordinate & lead surgical skills training programs associated with Epicel
Foster development of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Generating case studies
- Generating white papers and other publications
- Fostering peer-to-peer advocacy of Vericel products where appropriate
Foster optimized Epicel usage at active burn centers among key decision makers, including surgeons and support personnel, by:
- Connecting with stakeholders to the point of earning trusted advisor status
- Discovering the current state at targeted accounts specific to burn treatment, including pain points, blind spots, and opportunities for Epicel to bring value
- Aligning with the key stakeholders regarding their pain points, blind spots, and where Vericel would bring value, assertively and credibly managing objections and misconceptions
- Advancing the key stakeholders to action, including biopsies of appropriate patients and f/u usage of Epicel with patients for whom it makes sense.
Work in partnership with BTS partner(s) to:
- Train and elevate their burn expertise in key accounts
- Help influence stakeholders in key prospect and dormant accounts
- Introduce them to key stakeholders at active accounts
- Advance progress in KOL development
- A professional approach that sees patient welfare as the highest priority, with a strong drive to connect our products and services with every patient who will benefit.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience with the care of severe burn patients.
- Experience with hospital operating room environments.
- Expertise and persona to quickly earn trusted advisor status with key accounts and stakeholders, including top burn experts.
- Strong clinical and scientific acumen, particularly in burns or wound care, with ability to leverage in training top burn experts and support staff.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Continuous training on technical and product knowledge.
- Continuous focus on development of personal and interpersonal skills, such as teamwork, time management, listening, trust and integrity, and work/life balance
- Strategic agility: ability to align individual business strategy with corporate goals, keen business acumen, problem solving, being innovative and thinking big picture.
- Drive for results: appropriate resource utilization, focus on fundamentals, utilize established best practices, leverage internal support, and take risks.
- Professional courage: respectfully challenge physicians, embrace difficult conversations, bring solutions, seek feedback, take accountability and ownership of your actions and results.
- Managing change: adapt to changing business needs, anticipate questions and challenges, deal with ambiguity, be open and transparent with your customers and your team, integrate into your customers’ practice.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Must manage significant regional travel demands.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.