Epicel Burn Therapy Specialist - Mountain Region
Epicel Burn Therapy Specialist - Mountain Region
Front line, direct sales position responsible for generating demand for Vericel products and services by fostering HCP interest in, education of, access to, and buy-in at targeted burn centers. Success measured by goal achievement in alignment with Vericel values.
Direct sales calls to key decision makers at targeted burn centers, including surgeons and support personnel, to engage in the selling process:
- Connecting with stakeholders to the point of earning trusted advisor status
- Discovering the current state at targeted accounts specific to burn treatment, including pain points, blind spots, and opportunities for Epicel to bring value
- Aligning with the key stakeholders regarding their pain points, blind spots, and where Vericel would bring value, assertively and credibly managing objections and misconceptions
- Advancing the key stakeholders to action, including biopsies of appropriate patients and f/u usage of Epicel with patients for whom it makes sense.
Develop and manage complex accounts via:
- Identifying and connecting with key stakeholders & support staff (account mapping)
- Developing and executing key account strategic plans (account planning)
- Maintaining an appropriate and consistent presence within key accounts among key stakeholders
- Maintaining complete awareness of evolving patient population and advocating for appropriate Vericel patients.
- Staying aware of competitive activities and threats
Foster access to and procurement of Vericel products:
- Determining procurement process at each targeted account
- Leveraging reimbursement and coding expertise to optimize Vericel product coverage
- Ensuring account approval for Vericel products to the highest levels in key accounts
- Presenting to VAC and P&T committees
Manage territory for optimal performance and effectiveness:
- Establishing and execute routing that results in appropriate coverage levels according to target emphasis
- Maintaining up-to-date records of each account and stakeholders within via CRM tool
- Creating and executing territory business plans that prioritize efforts and resources appropriately
- Attending conferences where presence offers strategic territorial value
- Attending procedures in key accounts where presence will enhance selling position
Develop product advocates for peer-to-peer impact:
- Connecting BTS-CS with stakeholders to develop case studies, white papers, advocates for conferences & Vericel programs, etc.
Expertly leverage promotional materials to effectively tell the Vericel story in a manner that inspires action, including marketing, clinical, and operational information
Work in partnership with BTS-CS (Clinical Support) partner(s) to:
- Optimize Vericel presence in key accounts and select procedures
- Leverage their experience to secure introductions to key stakeholders at key accounts
- Leverage their expertise to help activate dormant and new accounts
- Advance progress in KOL development
- The ideal candidate will be based in or around the Greater Denver metropolitan area.
- Territories will include the following states: Utah, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas and Colorado.
- A professional approach that sees patient welfare as the highest priority, with a strong drive to connect our products and services with every patient who will benefit.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience of hospital-based specialty healthcare products sales, with a track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Experience with hospital operating room environments.
- Strong background in territory and complex account management with an assertive “hunter” approach
- Strong clinical and scientific acumen, particularly in burns or wound care.
- Understanding of medical reimbursement (billing, coding, coverage, and payment) in the healthcare system and ability to work to resolve billing issues with providers.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. Experience with burns or burn nursing a significant plus.
- Continuous training on technical and product knowledge.
- Continuous focus on development of personal and interpersonal skills, such as teamwork, time management, listening, trust and integrity, and work/life balance
- Strategic agility: ability to align individual business strategy with corporate goals, keen business acumen, problem solving, being innovative and thinking big picture.
- Drive for results: appropriate resource utilization, focus on fundamentals, utilize established best practices, leverage internal support, and take risks.
- Professional courage: respectfully challenge physicians, embrace difficult conversations, bring solutions, seek feedback, take accountability and ownership of your actions and results.
- Managing change: adapt to changing business needs, anticipate questions and challenges, deal with ambiguity, be open and transparent with your customers and your team, integrate into your customers’ practice.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.