Cell Therapy Specialist - Houston
Cell Therapy Specialist - Houston
The Cell Therapy Specialist will drive sales and support the surgical implantation of MACI, an autologous cultured chondrocytes on porcine collagen membrane product, for the repair of symptomatic, full-thickness cartilage defects of the knee in adult patients.
- Call on orthopedic surgeons and specialists in cartilage repair to deliver a targeted sales message based on accurate clinical information, using approved sales and marketing materials.
- Deliver surgical delivery / technique education for proper application of the product, which includes attending surgical implantation procedures and educating the clinical support staff in the hospitals.
- Work with surgical administrative staff to ensure timely product and procedure reimbursement.
- Other projects and assignments as needed.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, degrees in science or business preferred.
- Territory is the greater Houston area. Candidates must live within 30 miles of downtown Houston, Texas.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology strongly desired in order to understand where and how products work clinically (orthopedic background is preferred).
- Candidate will need to undergo and successfully pass hospital credentialing requirements in order to perform certain aspects of their job as a Cell Therapy Specialist. This typically involves a 10-panel drug screen.
- Self-motivated, high commitment and dedication with proactive mindset.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to review voluminous amounts of information (e.g., data tables) to distill relevant information.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships in an effort to meet short and long term business objectives.
- Team player with the ability to lead and build consensus and to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, independence, initiative, creativity, confidentiality, integrity, stability and efficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong presentation and training skills, and interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Project management skills and proficiency with Microsoft applications.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.