Nexobrid Account Manager - Northern CA
Nexobrid Account Manager - Northern CA
Front line, account management position with anticipated responsibilities that include supporting the launch and sales of NexoBrid®, a registration-stage biological orphan product designed for the debridement of severe thermal burns. NexoBrid is not yet approved for use or sale in the United States. The FDA has accepted for review a Biologics License Application seeking NexoBrid’s approval and established a Prescription Drug User Fee Act Date for completing that review of January 1, 2023. Following NexoBrid’s approval, anticipated activities include but are not limited to, calling on targeted Burn Centers to develop HCP interest, utilization protocols and advocacy, providing product inservicing, education, and training as well as general account management, including the coordination of Vericel resources to achieve commercialization objectives. Position will eventually include responsibilities with respect to other Vericel branded products (Epicel) in the Burn Care space.
Anticipated Core Responsibilities:
Direct sales calls to key decision makers at targeted burn centers, including burn center directors and support personnel, to engage in the sales process:
- Connecting with key stakeholders to the point of earning “trusted advisor status”
- Investigating current patient management practices at targeted accounts specific to the care of patients with severe burns to identify opportunities and specific areas where the appropriate use of NexoBrid may benefit patients
- Being capable of assertively and credibly managing product objections and misconceptions
- Advancing the key stakeholders to action, including their development of appropriate utilization and patient management protocols
Manage territory for optimal performance and effectiveness
- Creating and executing territory business plans that prioritize efforts and resources appropriately.
- Maintaining up-to-date records of each account and stakeholders within CRM tool
- Attending conferences where presence offers territorial value
- Attending procedures where NexoBrid is being used to provide education and guidance on appropriate product use including patient preparation, product application and post operative care
- Expertly leverage promotional materials to effectively tell the NexoBrid and Vericel story in a manner that inspires action
- Partner with Burn Clinical Specialist (BSC) colleagues to supplement educational and clinical support at key accounts in accordance with leaderships guidance
Develop and manage complex accounts via:
- Identifying and connecting with key stakeholders & support staff (account mapping)
- Maintaining complete awareness of evolving patient population and advocating for appropriate product utilization
- Maintaining awareness of competitive activities and threats
- Coordinating use of extended Vericel resources to optimize product utilization and patient care with all Vericel branded products.
Foster access to and procurement of Vericel products:
- Presenting to VAC and P&T committees when required
- Determining procurement process at each targeted account
- Ensuring product economics understanding for NexoBrid at the highest levels in key account
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 to 5+ years of relevant experience of hospital-based specialty healthcare surgical product sales, with a track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Experience with hospital operating room environments.
- Strong background in territory and complex account management with an assertive approach
- Strong clinical, scientific and business acumen, particularly in burns or wound care.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team and work effectively in the “team” environment
- A professional approach that sees patient care as the highest priority, with a strong drive to connect our products and services with every on-label patient who will benefit.
- Understanding of medical reimbursement (billing, coding, coverage, and payment) in the healthcare system.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a health-science field, business, marketing or communications preferred. Experience with burns or burn nursing a significant plus.
- Ideal Location: Northern CA / Pacific Northwest
- Continuous training on technical and product knowledge.
- Continuous focus on development of personal and interpersonal skills, such as teamwork, time management, listening, trust and integrity, and work/life balance
- Strategic agility: ability to align individual business strategy with corporate goals, keen business acumen, problem solving, being innovative and thinking “big-picture”.
- Drive for results: appropriate resource utilization, focus on fundamentals, utilize established best practices, and leverage internal support
- Professional courage: respectfully challenge physicians, embrace difficult conversations, bring solutions, seek feedback, take accountability and ownership of your actions and results.
- Managing change: adapt to changing business needs, anticipate questions and challenges, deal with ambiguity, be open and transparent with your customers and your team, integrate into your customers’ practice.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must manage significant travel demands, including occasional weekend days
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.