The Research and Development (R&D) group within Vericel supports the continuing development, characterization and validation of manufacturing methods, novel assays, new technology and operational improvements. This group manages technology transfers, clinical manufacturing, training, database development, trending analysis and stability. The R&D team plays an important role in commercial manufacturing troubleshooting, root cause investigation, process optimization and product life cycle management.
- Perform experiments to optimize current cell culture processes.
- Perform proof of concept study using established cell culture procedures and assays.
- Identify basic technical problems and assist with investigation and troubleshooting.
- Compile, tabulate, and analyze data; interpret and present results to R&D group.
- Work under general supervision to perform experiments and analytical procedures.
- Perform culture of human cells and supporting assays.
- Plan experimental procedures. Tabulate, analyze, and present data. Investigate technical problems.
- Maintain accurate documentation of experiments in a laboratory notebook.
- Participate in routine lab maintenance activities.
- Maintain operational and safe working environment in accordance with BL-2 standards.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Leadership qualifications include, among other requirements:
- Understanding, observing, and adhering to the goals and policies outlined in Vericel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Serving as role models for our fellow employees and business partners by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Undergraduate degree candidate in scientific discipline such as biology, bioengineering or related; prefer 2+ years of undergraduate studies complete with demonstrated completed lab coursework in cell culture
- Knowledge of cell culture and molecular biology techniques
- Lab notebook experience preferred
- Understanding of data analysis, troubleshooting, and interpretation
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- BL-2 Laboratory Environment
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.