Temporary Assistant Buyer-Planner
Temporary Assistant Buyer-Planner
The Materials (Supply Chain) Department and Assistant Buyer/Planner are responsible for ensuring an uninterrupted supply of materials essential for the functioning of assigned product lines and areas. This is an opportunity for somebody with no biotechnology experience to learn about the Pharma and Biotechnology supply chain.
• Review purchase requisitions to ensure that they meet the organization’s compliance.
• Create Purchase Orders; maintain accurate open PO lines to define inbound quantities and due dates from suppliers.
• Managed returned goods to suppliers.
• Confirm that modifications and changes to existing orders are properly documented and processed.
• Track status of back orders and inventory aging report.
• Partner with internal customers when needed to expedite purchase requisitions or identify solutions for supply chain disruptions which may include the sourcing of alternative providers.
• Resolve pricing and/or invoicing discrepancies with suppliers.
• Plans the replenishment of materials to support the production schedule, while controlling inventory turns and materials shortages.
• Conducts material planning and inventory management for assigned raw materials.
• Requests quotes from suppliers, performs new supplier sourcing and evaluation.
• Adheres to appropriate Standard Operating Procedures for business planning unit to ensure compliance with SOPs, ISO 9000, and cGMP procedures, MRB, Sarbanes-Oxley Controls, and corrective action goals.
• Properly escalate any known supply chain disruptions, order discrepancies, or contract matters for internal review and remediation.
• Other job duties are required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Leadership qualifications include, among other requirements:
- Understanding, observing, and adhering to the goals and policies outlined in Vericel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Serving as role models for our fellow employees and business partners by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
• B.S. degree (or equivalent experience) and 0-2+ years of work experience.
• A.A./A.S and 4+ years of relevant experience.
• GED, High school diploma or equivalent with and 4+ years of relevant experience.
• Experience working on cross functional teams.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Applications.
• Familiar with Purchasing and Quality Systems.
• Experience in Life Sciences.
• Familiar with cGMP processes.
• Experience within a regulated environment that is frequently audited by FDA, ISO and other internal and external Agencies.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.