Vericel, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting new opportunity for a high performing Finance and Accounting professional looking to join and contribute to a high growth Biotech/Medtech company with multiple Cell Therapy products on the market as well as a strong balance sheet. Reporting directly into the Associate Controller at Vericel, this individual will also have direct exposure to the CFO and Corporate Controller as part of the Finance leadership team at Vericel. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing $2 Billion+ market cap life sciences company with a strong institutional shareholder base.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for leading the month end close process and drive accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP. In this highly visible role, the Accounting Manager will work cross-functionally with leaders across the company to ensure the close is completed timely and support the business by providing accounting guidance on various initiatives. The Accounting Manager will oversee accounting issues, streamline process, enhance accounting systems and develop, implement controls enabling them to scale.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the month end close
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations
- Regular review and analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Oversee the revenue recognition policies and procedures and ensuring the accuracy of revenue
- Oversight of the accounts payable team, providing support and leadership
- Drive the timely completion of the annual audit. Act as a primary point of contact throughout the audit process for external/internal auditors and consultants
- Drive continuous process improvement in both the Finance/Accounting teams as well as in the month end close process
- Oversee accounting issues, streamline process, enhance accounting systems and develop, implement controls enabling them to scale
- Develop, document and maintain accounting policies, including updating or developing new policies to ensure consistency and compliance with GAAP and other reporting requirements; Provide ongoing training of Company’s accounting policies
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements including automation within the ERP and other tools where possible, to simplify, standardize and streamline processes
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and
maintaining strong employee relationship
- Ad hoc projects as needed
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- 6+ years of experience; CPA required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required; master’s degree in accounting preferred
- Big 4 or large regional accounting firm experience
- 3+ years Public company experience
- Life sciences/Biotech/Medtech experience preferred
- Expertise and experience in U.S. GAAP, ASC 606 and SOX
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strategic mindset with ability to manage multiple deliverables and projects
- Willingness to be into the details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.