Manager, Advocacy Development
Manager, Advocacy Development
Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting new opportunity for a high performing professional looking to join and contribute to a high growth Biotech/Medtech company with multiple Cell Therapy products on the market as well as a strong balance sheet. Reporting directly to the Director, Advocacy Development at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing $2 Billion+ market cap life sciences company with a talented team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve.
The Manager, Advocacy Development will be responsible for identifying educational needs and thought leader engagement strategy among the physician community for clinical conditions specific to the portfolio of Vericel solutions. He/she will source educational content and develop venues for knowledge-sharing. He/she will act as a primary conduit to clinician advocates and educators on behalf of Vericel in three key areas: 1) KOL relationship development and alignment; 2) speaker identification and management and 3) program facilitation and execution. This role reports to the Director, Advocacy Development.
- Identify, cultivate and engage healthcare professionals with expertise in specific clinical conditions
- Source educational content
- Nurture relationships with and develop utilization plans for key opinion leaders
- Facilitate a recurring advisory board of healthcare professionals
- Speaker bureau management and speaker training
- Work with Marketing, Sales leadership, and contracted speakers/consultants to gain feedback in support of the evolution of promotional programming content
- Support internal colleagues & field-based members of the commercial team
- Guide the contribution of agency partners
- Identify and prioritize gaps in knowledge among healthcare professionals in specific clinical conditions
- Curate presentation content for educational & promotional events
- Attend and aid in the coordination of conferences and scientific meetings as identified and directed
- Collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to enhance advocacy of Vericel portfolio
- Contribute to the allocation and management of budget expenses
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
Experience collaborating with health care professionals in order to develop clinical educational programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (Advanced degree in healthcare, education -related field is preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the healthcare and/or life sciences field
- Strong interpersonal & relationship -building skills
- Demonstrable success managing projects
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Strategic, passionate, self-starter who takes initiative
- Availability to travel
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours in order to meet business demands
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Travel up to 50%
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.