Quality Control Supervisor
Quality Control Supervisor
Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting new opportunity for a high performing Quality Control professional looking to join and contribute to a high growth Biotech/Medtech company with multiple Cell Therapy products on the market as well as a strong balance sheet. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, QC Microbiology at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing $2 Billion+ market cap life sciences company with a talented team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve.
Department Description: Quality Control (QC) is responsible for incoming inspection of components and raw materials, plus quality testing (e.g. analytical, microbiological) of intermediate, stability and final product samples to demonstrate that all products manufactured meet standards required for cGMP operations. Various techniques (e.g. assay transfers, validation, and qualification of new instrumentation) are utilized within the Quality Control laboratories to ensure cGMP compliance.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for overseeing operations within the QC laboratory. This position is also responsible for hiring, training, supervising, developing and performance planning of staff and will provide day to day direction for direct reports. This motivated and organized individual with strong people skills will provide supervision and technical expertise to the QC laboratory while maintaining open communication channels to meet the needs of the organization.
An ongoing commitment to conducting business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 8+ years of experience in a lab setting, or Master’s degree or equivalent and 6+ years’ experience in a lab setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and lab based data management systems.
- Ability to present technical data.
- Ability to coordinate testing expectations across Lot Release, QC Microbiology and Raw Material Testing.
- Experience in a lead or Supervisory role.
- Experience troubleshooting and investigating assay and equipment issues.
- Experience with identifying root cause.
- Experience facilitating meetings.
- Familiarity with Deviation Management Systems (i.e. Trackwise).
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Schedule to include one weekend day (Sun-Thurs OR Tues-Sat)
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Rotating holiday coverage
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.