Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting new opportunity for a high performing engineering professional looking to join and contribute to a high growth Biotech/Medtech company with multiple Cell Therapy products on the market as well as a strong balance sheet. Reporting directly to the Associate Director, Engineering & Facilities at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing $2 Billion+ market cap life sciences company with a talented team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve.
The Engineering department is primarily responsible for the detailed design, startup, troubleshooting, commissioning, optimization and lifecycle support of manufacturing equipment, facilities, and utility systems.
- Assist in providing engineering support for new and existing process and utility system installations.
- Assists with the specification, estimating, design, procurement, programming installation management, startup, commissioning and documentation of new systems and the ongoing support of existing systems under close supervision.
- Support Validation department by assisting in execution and completion of design reviews, construction and installation support.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering turnover packages.
- Supports system progress and as-built walk downs during construction and installation.
- Participate in ongoing support of manufacturing equipment, facilities, and utility systems.
- Participate in closure of deviations, CAPA’s and change controls for manufacturing equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor's degree in Biomedical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering field.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Exhibits strong communication stills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- The ability to react to changing priorities based on manufacturing or business needs.
- Experience in technical writing.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- May be required to work in classified and controlled areas such as clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
- Required to work with hand tools.
- Work includes some lifting, up to 50 lbs.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.