Associate Director, Payer Contracting
Associate Director, Payer Contracting
Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting new opportunity for a high performing Market Access professional looking to join and contribute to a high growth Biotech/Medtech company with multiple Cell Therapy products on the market as well as a strong balance sheet. Reporting directly to the Director, Market Access at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing $2 Billion+ market cap life sciences company with a talented team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve.
The Associate Director of Payer Contracting will be responsible for leading payer engagement to optimize access and reimbursement. He/she will be responsible for establishing and maintaining connections with public and private payers to ultimately support patient access to innovations from Vericel. This role reports to the Market Access Lead at Vericel
- Strategic aspects:
- Define an integrated payer strategy to optimize access and reimbursement
- Maintain and continuously optimize the market access strategy & payer value proposition
- Identify business growth opportunities within key accounts
- Operational aspects:
- Manage relationships with key accounts
- Oversee all payer relations, including those managed by Specialty Pharmacies
- Collaborate with internal (e.g., MSL) and external partners, e.g., specialty pharmacies, in implementing payer engagement strategy to optimize access and reimbursement
- Lead coordinated efforts to deliver value messages of Vericel’s products to payers
- Support contract strategy and negotiations
- Work with Market Access and Pricing Analytics to monitor key account pull-through
- Relationship management
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with payer organizations
- Develop and nurture a strong collaborative partnership with internal cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Engage with Specialty Pharmacy channel partners for optimization opportunities
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An ongoing commitment to conducting according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Complying with applicable laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in reimbursement / payer marketing / payer contracting in pharmaceutical, medical device, life sciences consulting or the biotech industry
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A strong sense of responsibility and accountability
- Excellent communication skills & ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the healthcare and reimbursement landscape
- Experience in payer formulary listing process
- Well-established stakeholder / influencer network within public and private payer markets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and a high level of comfort with data
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Occasional business travel to tradeshows, sales meetings, educational programs and customer and partner meetings.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.