Principal R&D Associate
Principal R&D Associate
- Works independently to employ in-depth technical knowledge and experience in the development, execution, implementation and troubleshooting of complex experimental procedures and analytical techniques. Approach is reviewed with little to no supervision prior to initiation.
- Independently defines and implements studies to troubleshoot experimental or analytical procedures.
- Solutions may involve the formulation and testing of a hypothesis or the development of new techniques and procedures.
- May lead assay or manufacturing technology transfers between groups/organizations.
- Designs procedural and experimental approach to meet objectives. Executes experiments and analytical procedures. Interprets results, recommends changes or additional experiments to improve quality, productivity, recovery and efficiency of the manufacturing process or robustness, reliability, ruggedness of analytical procedures.
- May lead a small project team. Implements project plans and ensures completion within specified timelines. Manages multiple priorities and tasks.
- Perform culture of human autologous cells, cell based assays, qPCR, and ELISA to support ongoing studies for process development, process improvement, and process validations.
- Support manufacturing process development by performing analytical testing for the characterization of reference strain banks/cell banks.
- Develop work plans to ensure the timely completion of several sets of experiments and/or implementation of new manufacturing methods or analytical procedures.
- Participate in determining objectives of significant projects or assignments and design technical protocol and compile technical reports while maintaining lab notebooks entries to meet objectives.
- Work is review upon completion for adequacy in meeting desired organizational goals and objectives.
- Participate in routine lab maintenance activities and media/material ordering.
- Perform and or oversee internal safety audits of the laboratory/
- Provide oral presentations on work progress across multi-functional teams.
- Maintain operational and safe working environment in accordance with BL-2 standards.
- Represent the organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- Master’s degree or equivalent and 6+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with cell culture and molecular and cell biology techniques.
- Experience in analyzing, troubleshooting and interpreting test results, and providing recommendations for method improvement.
- Effective communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to multitask.
- Prior experience in a CGMP and clean room facility requirements.
- Experience in authoring analytical procedures for execution of testing, cross training, technology transfer and method transfer.
- Experience/familiarity with cell culture, qPCR, ELISA, cell based assays.
- Experience with medium development.
- Experience with cell banking process and development.
- Experience with cell-based assay development.
- Self-motivated, organized, familiar with relevant literature, attention to detail.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.