Senior Medical Director, Burn Care Franchise
Senior Medical Director, Burn Care Franchise
Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting new opportunity for a high performing Medical professional looking to join and contribute to a high growth Biotech/Medtech company with multiple Cell Therapy products on the market as well as a strong balance sheet. Reporting directly to the Chief Medical Officer at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing $2 Billion+ market cap life sciences company with a talented team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve.
The Senior Medical Director, Burn Care Franchise, will be responsible for providing medical expertise regarding all aspects of burn care at Vericel. She/he will report to the Chief Medical Officer and be the primary medical interface between the Company and burn surgeons, nurses and other healthcare professionals, and will support educational activities, scientific/clinical development and the Company’s field-based Burn Care Medical Affairs and Commercial teams.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Support the Chief Medical Officer, providing medical expertise regarding all aspects of burn care at Vericel.
- Serve as the primary medical interface between the Vericel Clinical team and practicing burn surgeons, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
- Develop and execute the Clinical and Medical Affairs strategy for the Burn Care Franchise.
- Work collaboratively with and support the field-based Medical Science Liaisons on the Burn Care team.
- Provide strategic support and direction to the Epicel and NexoBrid Brand teams and day-to-day support to the Burn Care Specialists on the Commercial team.
- Provide education on the management of patients with burn injuries to internal Vericel teams and external audiences.
- Attend appropriate conferences and monitor the scientific literature for changes in clinical practice and scientific advances that may influence future activities and strategic direction of the Burn Care Franchise. .
- Provide strategic and executional support to the Clinical Operations and Medical Affairs teams during the planning and execution of pre- and post-market clinical trials and evidence development activities.
- Present brand related outcomes data and updates at professional conferences as appropriate.
- Serve as an interface between Vericel and relevant professional organizations such as the American Burn Association, North American Burn Society, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration and other regulatory authorities as required.
- Provide input as required to Business Development team for the burn care franchise with respect to strategic direction as well as in-depth assessments of additions to product portfolio including line extensions.
- Work in close collaboration with Commercial Team including Marketing, Advocacy Development and Sales Training in the development and communication of educational content to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in forecasting, planning and execution of departmental budget and ensure that monthly expenses are in line with the budget.
Vericel is committed to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the locations where we conduct business, as well as our Vericel’s internal policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Serving as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- MD with 10 years clinical experience as Board Certified burn surgeon.
- Demonstrated expertise in clinical research, project development and execution and ICH Good Clinical Practice requirements.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- A track record of clinical and scientific publications.
- Experienced leader with collaborative management style, motivational and fair with skills in diplomacy, consensus building, negotiation, problem solving and the ability to gain confidence and trust of others.
- History of successful industry experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Expected to travel up to 70% and live within 30 miles of major airport hub
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.