Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting new opportunity for a high performing Production Scheduler professional looking to join and contribute to a high growth Biotech/Medtech company with multiple Cell Therapy products on the market as well as a strong balance sheet. Reporting directly to the Manager, MACI Manufacturing at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing $2 Billion+ market cap life sciences company with a talented team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve.
Manufacturing of cell therapy products.
Responsible for creation and maintenance of the master manufacturing production work schedule which includes the manufacture of commercial cell therapy products.
- Create, confirm and maintain manufacturing production schedule for multiple product lines using the Preactor scheduling software program.
- Assess customer orders, available staff, equipment and cellular inventory to effectively set and simultaneously manage production schedules for multiple product lines.
- Plan daily, weekly and monthly manufacturing schedules and the associated resource allocation.
- Constantly monitor, assess and when necessary provide recommendations to improve the effectiveness and functionality of the scheduling software (e.g., beneficial reports, updates for new activities, etc.).
- Support and participate in scheduling related projects and key initiatives that directly support the Manufacturing department, including resource planning of labor, materials and equipment.
- Perform sales order support using the ERP, scheduling and CRM systems.
- May provide support for inventory management and control within ERP and MES systems.
- Serve as a liaison between Manufacturing and Customer Care.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An ongoing commitment to conducting business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree and 4+ years of experience with manufacturing operations scheduling.
- Associate degree and 6+ years of experience with manufacturing operations scheduling, or 8+ years of scheduling experience with GED or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Advanced to expert level ability with Microsoft office.
- Experience with ERP, MES, CRM and scheduling systems (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics GP, MFG/Pro, SAP, Preactor, etc.).
- Experience in cGMP production environments.
- Experience working within a regulated environment that is frequently audited by internal and external Agencies, such as the FDA and ISO.
- Proven analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- May be required to sit for long periods of time while performing physical duties.
- May be required to provide weekend coverage.
- Monday - Friday schedule 12:30pm-9:00pm
- Rotating holiday coverage.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.