The Executive Assistant will report to the Chief Executive Officer and provide high-level administrative support to the Executive Leadership Team. The Executive Assistant will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external parties on all matters pertaining to Corporate Affairs, and will coordinate Board meetings, serving as a primary resource for the Board. This person will serve as a liaison to the executive team and senior management teams. Will organize and coordinate initiatives for the executive team.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Leadership Team and the Chief Executive Officer using a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Coordinate Board meetings, serving as a primary resource for the Board.
- Analyze needs and problems, and determine approach and priority in collaboration with senior leaders, their teams and administrative colleagues across functions
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handling matters expeditiously and proactively. Follow through on projects to successful completion, often with tight timelines.
- Collect and prepare information for use in executive discussions and meetings.
- Contact company employees at all organizational levels to gather information and/or prepare reports.
- Interact internally and/or externally with senior individuals or officers regarding information that may be sensitive or confidential in nature.
- Coordinate calendars, schedules, meetings, training and travel arrangements for Executive Leadership Team.
- Prepare expense reports for executive(s) and Board of Director members; manage corporate credit card usage and reconcile charges and submit to Finance.
- Coordinate and initiate conference calls, Microsoft Teams meetings, and manage all meeting details such as room reservations, preparing agendas, securing necessary IT equipment, catering, and attendee updates.
- Prepare and distribute presentation materials for internal and external meetings, including board meetings.
- Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Organize and prioritize information, correspondence and calls for the Executive Leadership Team; draft written responses or reply by phone or e-mail when necessary.
- Respond to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Organize and maintain files and records.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted
- 10+ years of administrative experience with 5+ years of experience supporting executive level is required
- Extensive Microsoft Office skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities.
- Experience with heavy calendar management and national travel scheduling and booking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Project coordination experience and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors required.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and confidentiality required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail essential.
- Exercise a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.