Responsible for maintaining an uninterrupted supply of materials for the manufacture of cell therapy products.
Responsible for the stocking of materials to support the manufacture of commercial cell therapy products meeting internal and regulatory requirements.
- Master core responsibilities of a Materials Technician (Handler).
- Receive and distribute all Quality Controlled inspected and non-Quality Control inventoried material and general goods received at the Vericel site.
- Independently perform material receipt and shipment.
- Execute transactions in Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) ERP (enterprise resource planning) system independently or with supervision.
- Maintains inventory control in ERP system by performing system transactions at time of material receipt, storage and distribution.
- Completes material In-Transit Requests within ERP system for material deliveries from Third Party off-site storage location(s).
- Assist in preparation of inventory sales order fulfillment process and end of day closing activities.
- Perform material labeling activities supporting Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES); also referred to as EBR (electronic batch record(s)).
- Performs routine inventory cycle counts including media.
- Participates in scheduled annual physical inventory activities.
- May interact with various groups (e.g., Customer Care, Facilities & Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing, Quality Operations, R&D, and third-party logistics providers (3PL)) on material requests and receipt transactions.
- Maintenance of material staging area.
- May assist in providing on the job training to employees.
- May be assigned on-call responsibility.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- GED, High school diploma or equivalent with 2 - 5 years of experience working in a cGMP environment in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry or equivalent.
- Familiarity with MS Office.
- Experience in high volume and fast-paced materials and cleanroom environment.
- Experience working in warehouse environments.
- Experience within a regulated environment that is frequently audited by FDA, ISO and other internal and external Agencies.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to gown and gain entry to manufacturing areas.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing physical duties.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work 1 weekend day.
- Rotating holiday coverage.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.