Accounts Receivable Specialist
Accounts Receivable Specialist
The position will serve as an integral part of the Accounts Receivable and Revenue function. Work closely with the Senior AR Specialist on daily invoicing, deposit posting and maintain customer account master data. This person must have knowledge of general accounting including debits and credits, general ledger knowledge and experience in AR.
- Verify and post details of business transactions, such as funds received
- Perform detailed cash receipt analysis to ensure insurance reimbursements received are appropriately applied against accounts receivable and other GL accounts.
- Post accounts receivable cash receipts and prepare appropriate adjustments with supporting documentation.
- Maintain customer account master data.
- Maintain customer relations, customer sales invoice files, and implement special invoicing
- Generate, print, and mail invoices to be paid by customers.
- Investigate and problem solve short pay invoices with internal departments and customers.
- Ensure documentation/support created of all work performed is clear, concise, and in adherence with internal control procedures.
- Reconcile miscellaneous accounts.
- Book miscellaneous journal entries.
- Other duties the Management deems necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or higher in accounting, finance or related. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working in credit and collections.
- Intermediate Excel skills needed to perform majority of role functions
- Experience in accounts receivable management including billing, pricing, credit assessment, cash application, and collections.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Working experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains strongly preferred.
- Ability to perform data entry effectively into all systems used
- Ability to use the internet to source information.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective at multi-tasking and meeting constant stream of deadlines
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with external and internal peers
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.