The position will report to the Associate Director of Accounting and be deeply involved in the technical aspects of the general ledger. The position entails a combination of monthly reporting requirements and controls in addition to assisting with the accounting implications of a high growth company.
General Accounting Functions
- Prepare monthly management reports including analysis of monthly financial results
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close (accruals, ASC 718)
- Manage the Company’s leases under ASC 842.
- Work with Accounting department along with internal and external auditors to ensure strong control environment is working appropriately.
- Provide support for the quarterly reviews and annual audit in relation to stock compensation, leasing, and other general ledger areas
- Ad hoc accounting projects and technical accounting research
- Administer the Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Stock Option and Restricted Stock Unit awards by managing the approved stock options and restricted stock units, calculating monthly expense under the appropriate GAAP requirements, processing stock option exercises, and processing new elections of the ESPP.
- Be the liaison for employees to assist with questions regarding pay, stock options, ESPP, etc.
- Calculate monthly accruals for payroll, bonus, and vacation payout.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- 4+ years of GAAP accounting experience (with 3+ years with a publicly traded company or public accounting firm).
- Prior position requiring technical accounting analysis and direct contact with external auditors
- Prior stock compensation experience a plus.
- CPA a plus.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.