QC Analyst I
QC Analyst I
Quality Control (QC) is responsible for incoming inspection of components and raw materials, plus quality testing (e.g. analytical, microbiological) of intermediate, stability and final product samples to demonstrate that all products manufactured meet standards required for cGMP operations. Various techniques (e.g. assay transfers, validation and qualification of new instrumentation) are utilized within the Quality Control Laboratory to ensure cGMP compliance.
Perform routine testing of raw materials, in-process and final products in accordance with SOPs for product release and validation.
- Perform microbiological assays for in-process and final product samples.
- Perform analytical methods for final bulk material/finished goods.
- Test and disposition of raw materials and perform environmental monitoring.
- Review of QC data for compliance to procedures and specifications.
- Calculate and evaluate results.
- Participate in lab maintenance and administration duties.
- Initiate lab investigations and deviations.
- Lab support including but not limited to glass washing, autoclaving, etc.
- Effectively demonstrate an understanding of CGMPs and how it applies to specific responsibilities.
- Follow accurate oral and written procedures for testing of in-process and final product samples.
- Provide input to the technical composition of operating documentation.
- Work independently under general supervision and direction.
- Work in compliance with cGMPs.
- Practice safe work habits and adheres to Vericel’s safety procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain lab documentation and notebooks, ensuring timely review, reconciliation and filing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 1 year of experience in a CGMP lab environment.
- Proficient in Outlook, MS Word, Excel and lab based data management systems.
- Experience with microbiological testing or environmental monitoring.
- Experience in a biotech, pharmaceutical or other regulated industry.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Requires working one day per weekend.
- Rotating holiday coverage.
- Rotating off-shift alarm coverage. Must carry a company issued cell phone.
- Must available during any one of the following shifts: Thursday - Monday, Friday - Tuesday or Tuesday - Saturday.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.