Senior Director, Marketing
Senior Director, Marketing
Senior Director of Marketing will be responsible for developing and implementing the marketing strategies for Vericel’s marketed cell therapy brands including MACI® (autologous cultured chondrocytes or porcine membrane) and Epicel® (culture epidermal autografts) as well as leading the implementation of Vericel’s launch strategy for Nexobrid®, a novel enzymatic debridement agent use in the care of patients with severe burns. Individual will serve a critical role in Commercial Operations leading and continuing the development of existing highly effective and competent team of marketing professionals. Brand teams are currently responsible for leading all KOL initiatives, resource development as well as identifying key drivers for patient, HCP and digital marketing strategies. Individual will also serve as a key interface to peers in sales, market access, medical affairs, clinical, manufacturing, and regulatory affairs providing commercial guidance for all brand access activities. While the role will oversee and manage the brand teams, role will also be responsible for assessing strategic integration of complementary products / technologies being investigated by the company as well as the developing and implementing the launch plans for these products.
- Leads existing team of highly competent marketing professionals. Capable of capitalizing on individual strengths to enhance overall team performance while creating an environment of success.
- Responsible for all brand related activities for Vericel’s in-line cell therapy brands MACI and Epicel
- Lead the preparation and launch for Nexobrid a novel enzymatic debridement agent
- Provide direction and communication working closely with commercial team to meet company objectives and goals.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to external and internal customers related to all brand activity
- Develops and leads multi-channel marketing efforts including personal and non-personal promotional efforts.
- Work closely with the commercial team to position messages and tools to educate and train sales team, HCPs, and patients in synergy with the strategic plans.
- Provide trends and impact analysis brand performance
- Develop and maintain relationships with KOLs, professional medical organizations/societies to help shape brand strategy and tactics as well as manage healthcare policy and reimbursement issues.
- Other projects and assignments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Business Administration) and MBA (preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years’ marketing / in-line brand management experience in medical device (preferred), life sciences, biotech or pharmaceutical. (Orthopedics / sports medicine a plus)
- Product launch in experience in medical device (preferred), life sciences, biotech or pharmaceutical industries.
- Minimum of 5 years’ marketing leadership experience.
- Front line sales and sales leadership experience a plus.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.