Executive Burn Clinical Specialist
Executive Burn Clinical Specialist
Front line, commercial position responsible for providing support in the procurement of Vericel products and the management of cases from biopsy through surgical procedures and ultimate discharge of burn patients. Also responsible for providing guidance, support, and input regarding optimal Epicel utilization for care of appropriate burn patients within existing accounts.
Provide clinical support for patients receiving Vericel products:
- Full engagement in and intimate knowledge of the care of Vericel burn patients from admission through discharge
- Support during various Operating room procedures for each Epicel patient.
Awareness of and impact on burn centers’ evolving patient population
Knowledge of various burn product utilization protocols
Train and support all appropriate staff in active accounts and select prospect accounts
- All procedures associated with Epicel
- Supplies compatible and not compatible with Epicel
- Coordinate & lead surgical skills training programs associated with Epicel
Foster development of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
Educate key decision makers, including surgeons and support personnel, on Epicel Work in partnership with BTS teamQualifications, Education and Experience
- A professional approach that sees patient welfare as the highest priority, with a strong drive to connect our products and services with every patient who will benefit.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience with the care of severe burn patients.
- Experience with hospital operating room environments.
- Expertise and personality to quickly earn trusted advisor status with key accounts and stakeholders, including top burn experts.
- Strong clinical and scientific acumen, particularly in burns or wound care, with ability to leverage in training top burn experts and support staff.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Continuous training on technical and product knowledge.
- Continuous focus on development of personal and interpersonal skills, such as teamwork, time management, listening, trust and integrity, and work/life balance
- Strategic agility: ability to align individual business strategy with corporate goals, keen business acumen, problem solving, being innovative and thinking big picture.
- Drive for results: appropriate resource utilization, focus on fundamentals, utilize established best practices, leverage internal support, and take risks.
- Professional courage: respectfully challenge physicians, embrace difficult conversations, bring solutions, seek feedback, take accountability and ownership of your actions and results.
- Managing change: adapt to changing business needs, anticipate questions and challenges, deal with ambiguity, be open and transparent with your customers and your team, integrate into your customers’ practice.
- Must manage significant regional travel demands in the Southeast and Southwest.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.