Senior Director, Market Access
Senior Director, Market Access
The Senior Director of Market Access will be responsible for implementing the market access strategies for Vericel’s cell therapy marketed brands MACI® (autologous cultured chondrocytes on porcine membrane) and Epicel® (cultured epidermal autografts). The role will also be responsible for leading the development of market access strategy for the launch of Nexobrid® in mid-2021, a novel enzymatic debridement agent used in the care of burn patients as well as securing access for current and future Vericel products among commercial and government payers. Individual will serve as a key interface to peers in marketing, sales, medical affairs, clinical, manufacturing, and regulatory affairs providing commercial guidance for all payer and brand access related activities. This role will also be responsible for helping facilitate clinical and economic strategies to enhance the efforts of the field-based Key Account Manager/s. Finally, the director will lead Vericel’s first-in-class case management partnership MyCartilageCare® looking for strategies to continue to optimize the program’s performance.
- Responsible for all payer related activities for Vericel’s in-line cell therapy brands MACI and Epicel
- Lead the preparation and launch for Nexobrid a novel enzymatic debridement agent
- Develop and execute strategic plans to external and internal customers related to all payer activity
- Recommend and implement plans for the development of product and procedural codes
- Work closely with the Commercial team to position reimbursement messages and tools to educate and train the field, our customers, and patients in synergy with the strategic plans.
- Provide direction and communication working closely with commercial team to meet company objectives and goals.
- Lead Vericel’s partnership with our case management program, MyCartilageCare.
- Collaborate on Commercial payers, HCNs, IPNs, IPAs, ACOs, and GPOs strategies with our specialty pharmacy partner.
- Monitor and influence CMS (Medicare/Medicaid) and Medi-Span (Wolters Kluwer) relating to payment proposals for Outpatient Prospective Payment Systems, Surgery Centers, Physician Fee Schedules, and Hospital Purchase Orders by obtaining coding, coverage, and reimbursement.
- Provide trends and impact analysis on reimbursement and economic value.
- Oversee the development of reimbursement reference materials.
- Lead educational training to Sales and Marketing with regards to health policies and reimbursement.
- Participate in reimbursement development activities in close cooperation with cross-functional teams (Commercial, Medical, Regulatory, and Legal) on new product and procedure development and evidence-based value proposition.
- Develop and maintain relationships with professional medical organizations/societies to manage healthcare policy and reimbursement issues.
- Other projects and assignments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Advanced Degree in Healthcare, Healthcare Economics, or Business Administration is preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in reimbursement in pharmaceutical, medical device, life sciences consulting or the biotech industry.
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience.
- Strong understanding of medical reimbursement with specialty pharmacies (billing, coding, coverage, and payment) in the healthcare system to work to resolve contract and billing issues with providers.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Occasional business travel to tradeshows, sales meetings, educational programs and customer and partner meetings.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.