Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting new opportunity for a high performing Manufacturing professional looking to join and contribute to a high growth Biotech/Medtech company with multiple Cell Therapy products on the market as well as a strong balance sheet. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Manufacturing at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing $2 Billion+ market cap life sciences company with a talented team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve.
Manufacturing of cell therapy products.
Responsible for the execution of process steps to manufacture commercial cell therapy products meeting internal and regulatory requirements.
- Perform manufacturing procedures inside an ISO Class 7 clean room in accordance to established SOPs, cGMPs, and safety regulations.
- Perform aseptic manipulations of cell culture lots and final product assemblies.
- Document production operations in corresponding batch records and log sheets according to cGMPs and established SOPs.
- Input data from production records to existing databases.
- General housekeeping of manufacturing controlled areas.
- Perform clean room equipment sanitization.
- Record equipment metrology readings to ensure the equipment operates within specifications.
- Interact with other departments such as Engineering, Facilities, Materials Management, QA, QC, R&D, Training, and Validation.
- Review completed production records for accuracy.
- Work independently under general supervision and direction.
- Organizational and planning skills and the ability to cooperate with others in a team environment will be critical to success.
- Practice safe work habits and adhere to Vericel’s safety procedures and guidelines. Other duties as assigned.
Leadership qualifications include, among other requirements:
- Understanding, observing, and adhering to the goals and policies outlined in Vericel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Serving as role models for our fellow employees and business partners by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Biotechnology certificate or equivalent with 0-2 years of experience working in a cGMP environment in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, or 3+ years of cGMP experience with GED or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Organizational and planning skills and the ability to cooperate with others in a team environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in an ISO 7 clean room environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- May be required to sit for long periods of time while performing cell culture operations.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work 1 weekend day.
- Rotating holiday coverage.
- Ability to gown and gain entry to manufacturing areas.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.