Associate Director, National Key Accounts
Associate Director, National Key Accounts
The Associate Director, National Key Accounts will be responsible for implementing the strategic execution of Vericel reimbursement strategy at the key account level. This role will include identifying and managing hospital, hospital system and the military business. Additionally, this person will be responsible developing new initiatives to ensure these programs provide best-in-class support to minimize reimbursement as a barrier and enhance overall patient access to therapy while keeping a close eye on the budget and continuously looking for ways to improve efficiencies. Finally, this individual will maintain a high-level of collaboration and integration with all field teams and our case management team. This will include field rides to assist customers with challenging reimbursement situations. Furthermore, this position will work directly with Vericel’s senior leadership to ensure key tactics are implemented and tracked.
• Manage and oversee the day to day operations of new MACI hospital purchasing customers and other accounts facing challenging reimbursement situations. Continuously look for ways to improve operational efficiencies in the MACI buying, reimbursement and approval process.
• Develop and execute strategy for Vericel’s military business which will include acting as the point of contact for distributor, the field and DoD accounts.
• Lead account execution at other systems such as Kaiser, Intermountain Health and other significant health systems.
• Collaborate with commercial operations to ensure optimal execution of patient access and reimbursement strategy while mitigating product procurement challenges at facilities.
• Understand and analyze program data to effectively communicate information on a consistent basis to different functional areas in the commercial organization (sr. management, field teams, marketing, market access).
• Conduct field visits with our cell therapy specialists to educate customers who are working to resolve reimbursement challenges.
• Contribute to payer marketing strategy and tactical execution which will include project management of key deliverables and field roll out.
• Contribute nationally to CTS business planning around key accounts and act as resource to ASD’s to identify account opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Abilities and Attributes:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Prefer previous experience in managing a reimbursement or patient assistance program.
• Ability to interface with all levels of management and multiple departments.
• Product launch experience is a plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the U.S. healthcare systems, including expertise in health care financing and reimbursement policies related to the pharmaceutical industry, with application in a wide array of clinical settings and reimbursement strategies in all market segments.
• Clear understanding of the implications of payer and reimbursement policy impact on prescriber and patient behaviors as well as sales force activity.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and excellent ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Willingness to work collaboratively and experience incorporating diverse perspectives into project decision-making.
• Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail
• Resourceful, tenacious, creative, enthusiastic and results-oriented.
• Self-motivated, assertive and self-confident.
• Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, small-company environment.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all our products and services. This includes:
• Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
• Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
• Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
• Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Business or Science field.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience conducting or managing in pharmaceutical, biotech, or specialty pharmacy industries.
• MBA a plus.
• Ability to manage and work with multiple vendors.
• Proven ability to manage time effectively and handle multiple conflicting priorities.
• Experience working with sales teams in field-based environment.
• Experience working in orthopedics /rare diseases preferred.
• If based in the field expectations to be on site at Vericel’s Cambridge based headquarters once per month.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Occasional travel to support business needs, up to 50%
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.