This department manages the Vericel training system. They develop, manage, and support training programs within the company to meet CGMP regulations, internal processes and standards, and to develop the skill set of all employees.
The Training Supervisor position is responsible for overseeing and maintaining the Vericel GxP Training Program, including: evaluation of site training requirements, development of role/task-based curricula, oversight of creation / delivery of Vericel training standards/materials and departmental training programs.
Serve as SME for the Vericel GxP Training Program
- Create and maintain the site training plan.
- Design, development, source, and delivery of site training program content, instructional tools, and hands on exercises, including computer-based training.
- Represent Training and provide data for internal and external regulatory audits.
- Ensure Training Program maintains regulatory compliance.
- Set the direction for the preparation and means of delivery for regular training.
- Develop and maintain procedures that govern the training function.
- Manage course evaluations and other training effectiveness tools (instructor feedback, in class evaluations, exams, etc.)
- With functional areas: develop training materials and knowledge assessments for area SOPs.
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve site training program, including conducting effectiveness checks to ensure program applicability.
Work with site and area management
- Contribute to the establishment of Training related Key Performance Indicators.
- Present training metrics.
- Identify and work to address training compliance gaps.
- Evaluate training needs and participate in the development and delivery of training materials. Lead the development of tests, participant materials and visual aids as required.
General Training Responsibilities:
- Provide LMS support to site (includes data entry and reporting/data gathering).
- Support LMS changes based on Vericel Training Program improvements.
- Evaluate Document Change Requests for impact to curricula and training materials.
- Support scheduling / delivery of instructor-led courses, troubleshooting computer-based training.
- Track and trend training effectiveness and provide recommendations for possible improvements.
Additional Supervisorial Responsibilities:
- Lead and facilitate meetings/workshops.
- Responsible for keeping department in audit ready condition at all times.
- Select, develop, and motivate qualified staff to effectively carry out department functions and provide for the continuity of specialized skills.
- Provide career development and guidance to direct reports. Identify training requirements/needs and job-related qualifications.
- Develop work plans, assign tasks, and supervise team(s).
- Ensure staff has appropriate knowledge of department processes and procedures.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years relevant experience in a cGMP Training environment including the design, development and facilitation of training programs.
Employee must have experience with:
- Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint and Visio
- Technical writing (i.e. development of SOPs and/or OJTs)
Employee must be able to:
- Work independently with minimal supervision/guidance.
- Efficiently manage time on multiple projects/ initiatives.
- Communicate effectively to leadership, management as well as site.
- Work within and/or lead a multidisciplinary group.
- Experience in CGMP manufacturing or quality operations.
- Experience with paper-based and electronic Learning Management Systems.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Travel may be required on a limited basis.
May be required to work in classified and controlled areas such as clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.