The Materials (Supply Chain) Department and Buyer/Planner II are responsible for ensuring an uninterrupted supply of materials essential for the functioning of assigned product lines and areas.
- Review purchase requisitions to ensure that they meet the organization’s compliance.
- Create Purchase Orders; maintain accurate open PO lines to define inbound quantities and due dates from suppliers.
- Managed returned goods to suppliers.
- Confirm that modifications and changes to existing orders are properly documented and processed.
- Track status of back orders and inventory aging report.
- Partner with internal customers when needed to expedite purchase requisitions or identify .solutions for supply chain disruptions which may include the sourcing of alternative providers
- Resolve pricing and/or invoicing discrepancies with suppliers.
- Plans the replenishment of materials to support the production schedule, while controlling inventory turns and materials shortages.
- Conducts material planning and inventory management for assigned raw materials.
- Maintains accurate data regarding Bill of Materials associated with all raw materials.
- Act as liaison with suppliers and Vericel finance during annual standard cost updates.
- Requests quotes from suppliers, performs new supplier sourcing and evaluation.
- Adheres to appropriate Standard Operating Procedures for business planning unit to ensure compliance with SOPs, ISO 9000, and cGMP procedures, MRB, Sarbanes-Oxley Controls, and corrective action goals.
- Properly escalate any known supply chain disruptions, order discrepancies or contract matters for internal review and remediation.
- Create, prepare, and maintain reporting to provide data to monitor trends and allow site business decisions on a timely basis.
- Other job duties are required.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- B.S. degree (or equivalent experience) and 2+ years of work experience.
- A.A./A.S and 4+ years of relevant experience.
- GED, High school diploma or equivalent with and 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience working on cross functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Applications.
- Familiar with Purchasing and Quality Systems.
- Experience in Life Sciences.
- Familiar with cGMP processes.
- Experience within a regulated environment that is frequently audited by FDA, ISO and other internal and external Agencies.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.