Medical Science Liaison
Medical Science Liaison
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will be responsible for providing non-promotional scientific, educational, and research support for the Vericel Orthopedic portfolio.
- The MSL will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key orthopedic experts and building a well-informed advocacy base for the Vericel Orthopedic franchise.
- The MSL will act as a conduit for providing accurate and updated clinical, scientific and medical information to key orthopedic experts, health care professionals, treatments decision makers and other members of the scientific, provider and payer community (private insurance, payers, medical groups, government agencies, and health systems with drug formularies), in compliance with all relevant company policies.
- Maintain business and clinical knowledge of the orthopedic/cell therapy treatment landscape including current treatment strategies, current and pending competitors, and new therapeutic developments through, among other means, attending relevant symposium and scientific conferences as well as reviewing key journals.
- Identify, establish, and maintain collaborative relationships with key experts, investigators and institutions strategic to product development.
- Participate in medical education for healthcare professionals through presentations with customer visits, investigator meetings, advisory boards, medical meetings, and other appropriate venues to enhance product and disease state knowledge.
- Collaborate with the research and clinical teams to coordinate support for sites/investigators participating in Vericel clinical trials.
- Support and guide requests for investigator sponsored studies (ISS) through appropriate internal processes.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for medical information by providing effective clinical presentations tailored to meet specific needs of the requestor.
- Identifies and communicates key clinical and research issues and insights from industry leaders to appropriate departments to help shape company research, development, and strategies for investigational and commercialized products.
- Facilitate the identification of medical community educational needs around cartilage treatment management, including awareness and understanding of appropriate/inappropriate use of company products.
- Maintains clinical expertise through comprehensive education including attendance at relevant symposium, scientific workshops, and review of key journals.
- Participation in required internal training, presentations and journal clubs. Maintains appropriate communication with Clinical, Regulatory, and Legal personnel within the company to ensure appropriate timelines and procedures are met.
- Adheres to regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies in all aspects of scientific dissemination of information to include responses to unsolicited requests for medical information.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- MS, Physical Therapy degree, RN/BSN, MD, PhD or PharmD
- Experience working with orthopedics or cell therapies.
- 2+ years of experience as a Medical Science Liaison or a related field.
- Must live West of Mississippi river, and within 30 miles of a major airport.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-versed in clinical and basic science to be able to deliver cutting edge data and technical/practical education to Health Care Professionals (HCP).
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to drive a company car.
- Must be able and willing to attend surgical procedures.
- Must be able to pass hospital credentialing requirements.
- Must be able to lift and carry instrument trays, surgical supplies and training supplies, up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time on the East Coast of the United States, including occasional weekend travel for conferences and meetings.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.