Medical Science Liaison - Burn
Medical Science Liaison - Burn
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will be responsible for providing non-promotional scientific, educational, and research support for the Vericel Burn portfolio.
The MSL should be able to deliver cutting edge data and technical, practical, and clinical education to Health Care Professionals (HCPs).
Activities will include:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key Burn experts and building a well-informed advocacy base for the Vericel Burn franchise.
- Providing accurate and updated clinical, scientific and medical information to Burn Experts, health care professionals, and other members of the scientific, provider and payer community (private insurance, payers, medical groups, government agencies, and health systems with drug formularies), in compliance with all relevant company policies.
- Maintaining business and clinical knowledge of the Severe Burn treatment landscape including current treatment strategies, current and pending competitors, and new therapeutic developments.
- Increasing Vericel’s visibility among leaders in the therapeutic field of Severe Burn Management. Identify, establish and maintain collaborative relationships with key Burn Experts, investigators and institutions in alignment with overall product development strategy.
- Enhancing clinical and scientific knowledge of Epicel through appropriate scientific exchange, publications, podium presentations and abstracts.
- Participation in medical education for healthcare professionals through presentations at KOL visits, advisory boards, medical meetings, and other appropriate venues to enhance product knowledge.
- Collaboration with clinical team and Burn Therapy Specialists to coordinate and optimize educational and research support for sites/investigators participating in Vericel sponsored research.
- Responding to unsolicited requests regarding interest in investigator sponsored studies (ISS), investigator-initiated studies (IIS) and supporting ISS submissions through appropriate internal processes.
- Providing responses to unsolicited requests for medical information associated with supported products and disease state areas.
- Providing effective clinical presentations to internal and external audiences and tailors presentations to meet specific needs of the audience (appropriate response to unsolicited requests).
- Identification and communication of key clinical and research issues and insights from industry leaders to appropriate departments to help shape company research, development, and strategies for investigational and commercialized products.
- Identification of medical community educational needs around Burn treatment management, including awareness and understanding of appropriate/inappropriate use of company products.
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders in support of needs of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
- Maintaining clinical expertise through comprehensive education including review of key journals and attendance at relevant conferences, symposia and scientific workshops
- Participation in required internal training, presentations and journal clubs.
- Communication with Clinical, Regulatory and Legal personnel within the company to ensure appropriate timelines and procedures are met.
- Adherence to regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies in all aspects of scientific dissemination of information to include responses to unsolicited requests for medical information.
Required Education and Experience
- MS or higher with experience in burns or plastic surgery
- One year MSL experience preferred. Must be able and willing to travel up to 70% nationally.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.