The Legal Intern is responsible for providing general legal support to the corporate Legal Department. This position requires the ability to accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision, while demonstrating superior critical thinking as well as the ability to issue spot and exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Assist the Legal Department on legal tasks related to: commercial agreements and licensing, corporate transactions, intellectual property, governmental contracting, real estate matters and SEC filings.
- Perform legal research as needed to support ongoing legal projects.
- Prepare correspondence relating to litigation (pleadings, court forms, reports, etc.); and preparing contracts involving leases, licenses, purchases, sales, real estate, employment, insurance, and other matters.
- Identify areas for future improvement and to support the development of a scale up plan.
- Assist in the development of risk management training
- Provide departmental general administrative support
- Other duties as assigned
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Ongoing coursework towards a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school is required
- Prior experience in construction operations and business, paralegal services, contract review, litigation support, or investigating and managing claims is strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Office
- Self-motivated and able to accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be available to start on August 26, 2019 and end November 15, 2019.
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.