The Materials Department and Buyer/Planner II are responsible for ensuring an uninterrupted supply of materials essential for the functioning of assigned product lines and areas.
- Establishing inventory levels and ordering criteria to meet production requirements.
- Demand planning for materials used in all production related activities.
- Placing purchase orders in response to materials requirement planning.
- Plans, schedules and monitors the movement of materials through the production cycle.
- Implements value added programs with suppliers in support of production needs.
- Frequent internal company and external interaction.
- Represents Materials organization in SMT (Supplier Management Team) meetings.
- Review of non-conforming product and follow up with suppliers.
- Performs work that requires decision making and the consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion.
- Participates in QA Supplier Audits as assigned.
- Requests quotes from suppliers, performs new supplier sourcing and evaluation.
- Adheres to appropriate Standard Operating Procedures for business planning unit to ensure compliance with cGMP procedures.
- Act as liaison with suppliers and Vericel finance during annual standard cost updates.
- Resolve pricing and/or invoicing discrepancies with suppliers.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-7 years of experience; or Master’s degree with 3-5 years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience working on cross functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft applications •Familiar with ERP systems (Great Plains), Share Point, ReQlogic, and Trackwise.
- Familiar with cGMP processes.
- Experience within a regulated environment that is frequently audited by FDA, ISO and other internal and external Agencies.
- CPIM or other industry recognized certification relating to supply chain.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.