Senior Director, Alliance Management
Senior Director, Alliance Management
The Senior Director, Alliance Management is responsible for working cross functionally to define the strategy and implement the execution plans for our existing and future business collaborations. In this role, he/she will work collaboratively with internal and external teams across a number of functions to manage timelines, resource plans, and critical path activities, directly impacting the successful implementation and on-going execution of our Biopharma partnerships.
The successful candidate should demonstrate an understanding and experience of all aspects of drug development, including but not limited to, pre-clinical, clinical, regulatory, manufacturing, and commercial knowledge in novel therapeutic areas such as cell and gene therapy and biologic products.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the company’s development and commercial stage collaborations to ensure that key goals are achieved
- Develop a deep understanding of contractual elements pertinent to each alliance
- Align near- and long-term alliance objectives with broader corporate strategy and goals
- Ensure the ongoing alignment of project team goals and objectives by creating and maintaining high level timelines, entering updates to the plan and tracking activities to ensure alignment with target dates
- Be the primary contact internally for our partners on all alliance-related matters
- Build expertise and knowledge about alliance partners and become the in-house expert on partner organizations
- Ensure collaborations and partnerships have appropriate governance processes and structures and operate in accordance with those processes and structures
- Work closely with and support cross-functional teams to prepare for partnership interactions
- Work with the leadership team and other necessary stakeholders to formulate a position/strategy and participate and/or drive the resolution process
- Clearly and concisely communicate (both written and verbally) alliance issues and possible resolution to the various internal and partner stakeholders
- Other duties as required
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, advanced degree (MBA or Masters or PhD in a scientific discipline) preferred
- 8+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical, diagnostic industry, CRO or academic center.
- 5+ years of experience in business development, project management or alliance management.
- Ability to navigate and communicate across organizations with different cultures.
- Exceptional listening and speaking skills and a high level of attention to detail and nuance.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in the planning and execution of projects
- Impeccable judgment and the ability to work independently.
- Thorough understanding of the drug development and commercialization process and essential activities across all key functional areas
- Proven success as a cross-functional leader able to influence others
- Process-minded with the ability to be flexible and nimble when appropriate
- Problem solver, effective at detecting and managing risk, while providing quick responses to emerging problems
- Flexibility to accommodate teleconferences outside of regular working hours
- Demonstrated project management expertise and experience;
- Demonstrated ability to integrate information, prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and apply previous lessons learned.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically on a regular basis (up to 25%)
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.