Director, Quality Control
Director, Quality Control
The Quality Control department manages Raw Materials Inspection and Testing, Environmental Monitoring, Routine Product Testing and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Select, develop, and motivate qualified staff to effectively carry out department functions and provide for the continuity of managerial and specialized skills.
- Coach and mentor staff in all aspects of their job performance and career development including training, feedback, rewards and disciplinary action.
- Develop work plans, development plans, assign tasks, and supervise team(s).
- Manage staffing requirements based on project expectations.
- Provide organizational and managerial structure that supports the various levels in the organization.
- Provide input into the department/cost center budget when required.
- May act as cost center manager, responsible for forecasting, headcount, project allocation and department spending.
- Interact with project and product managers, as well as peers in other functional areas to ensure successful manufacturing, testing and release of product.
- Align department objectives with site business objectives.
- Collaborate with senior leadership team in meeting corporate and site goals.
- Establish key performance indicators, maintain, and report applicable department or organizational metrics.
- Sponsor and direct the development of projects and conducts follow-up and reporting.
- Participate in cross-functional projects and project team meetings related to global initiatives.
- Interact with project teams and research groups as they impact the quality operation.
- Support site in the creation, training, implementation and maintenance of Corporate Quality Standards.
- Interface with vendors and external regulatory agencies as required.
- Develop, interpret and execute organizational policies.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to managers and supervisors within Quality Control, ensuring their teams are functioning at a high capacity.
- Work on moderately complex problems related to the manufacturing processes and schedules for new or existing products requiring an in-depth analysis of various factors.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 12+ years of experience in biotech/pharma.
- 8+ years of leadership experience directly related to the management of quality control functions and personnel.
- Previous leadership experience in an organization involved with cellular therapies or regenerative medicine.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.