Commercial Strategy Manager
Commercial Strategy Manager
For our company to be successful, we must deeply understand the unmet needs of the stakeholders we serve, evaluate the effectiveness of our strategies and deployment of resources as well as align our products to meet those needs. The Commercial Strategy Manager will work in close alignment with Vericel Commercial leadership and the C-suite to provide analytic and quantitative support for brand strategy and tactics, finance, and business development. This position will entail unique cross functional responsibilities that will drive impact and decision making.
- Assess and report regularly on commercial sales performance across multiple brands, including territory-level sales activity, reach/frequency of promotional activity, and MD segmentation/targeting.
- Refine, track, and report regularly on Key Performance Indicators, including longer term territory trends analysis.
- Support for periodic salesforce sizing and sales territory mapping analyses.
- Manage incentive compensation strategy and plan implementation, including ownership of model tracking, payouts, sales contests, and performance of IC plan.
- Track and report regularly on marketing analytics, including the utilization of resources and other marketing-related activities.
- Conduct assessments and report on vendor performance across digital and social media. platforms, including effectiveness of promotional activities (e.g., advertising, MD programs).
- Assess and report regularly on Hub and specialty pharmacy performance.
- Support for revenue models, including pricing strategy assessments.
- Manage payer-related assessments, including tracking performance by payer and utilization of CRM to compliment clinical data.
- Own select market research efforts across commercial strategy, life cycle management, and business development; support for forecasting and revenue modeling of deal structure.
- Support for strategic reporting projects (e.g., disease landscape assessments, competitive intelligence).
- Manage and make recommendations regarding data sources (both for current and potential new sources).
- Work cross functionally with accounting and finance supporting analytical asks including revenue recognition and paid amounts.
Abilities and Attributes:
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong technical/analytical skills to identify and solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of management and multiple departments
- Track record for completing assignments on-time and on-budget
- Willingness to work collaboratively and experience incorporating diverse perspectives into project decision-making
- Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Resourceful, tenacious, creative, enthusiastic, and results-oriented
- Self-motivated, assertive, and self-confident
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, small-company environment
- Bias for action and passion for excellence
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a finance, economics or accounting
- Strong analytical background
- Proficiency in a wide range of software applications (i.e. MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM systems etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills a must
- Understanding of market research methods and data analysis
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and handle multiple conflicting priorities
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in Biotech or consulting
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.