Vericel, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting new opportunity for a high performing Finance and Accounting professional looking to join and contribute to a high growth Biotech/Medtech company with multiple Cell Therapy products on the market as well as a strong balance sheet. Reporting directly into the Assistant Controller at Vericel, this individual will also have direct exposure to the Finance leadership team and collaborate with various functional leaders at Vericel. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing $2 Billion+ market cap life sciences company with a strong institutional shareholder base.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for execution of cost accounting functions, reporting of actual results to management, and assisting in the fiscal planning and forecasting of consolidated COGS accounts. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for other areas in the close process including overseeing fixed assets.
- Analyze current cost accounting processes including inventory management, mapping processes and provide recommendations for future process changes
- Analyze inventory transactions to ensure that all are appropriately recorded in sub-ledgers and general ledger. Includes the monthly recording of inventory reserve adjustments.
- Complete account analyses and monthly balance sheet reconciliations for areas of responsibility
- Contribute to monthly corporate forecasting and annual budgeting with emphasis on gross margin and working capital requirements
- Manage inventory accuracy at offsite warehouse locations storing finished goods and raw materials
- Maintain standard costs across all inventory items
- Oversee inventory variance accounting, including purchase price variances, manufacturing variances and revaluation to ensure accurate accounting of such variances
- Integrate with the Manufacturing and Supply Chain teams and establish yourself as a valued business partner
- Prepare related audit schedules and other requests from internal/external auditors and partners
- Educate management on the inventory process
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of month end close tasks including journal entries and account reconciliations
- Drive continuous process improvement in the inventory and cogs areas
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements including automation within the ERP and other tools where possible, to simplify, standardize and streamline processes
- Oversee SOX controls in inventory
- Fixed asset management including reviewing depreciation, additions, etc.
- Ad hoc projects as needed
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- 4-5+ years of experience; CPA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Big 4 or large regional accounting firm experience preferred
- 2+ years Public company experience
- Manufacturing experience, preferably in Life sciences/Biotech/Medtech
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong willingness to be into the details and learn how transactions flow through the ERP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.