Maintenance Technician II
Maintenance Technician II
Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting opportunity for a top performing Facilities Maintenance professional looking to join and contribute to a commercial stage company with an established portfolio of unique advanced cell therapies and specialty biologics. Reporting directly to the Manager, Facilites Maintenance at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join a high growth company with a strong balance sheet supported by a talented team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve.
Facilities is responsible for the GMP preventive maintenance program, corrective repairs and building upkeep, construction, commissioning, and decommissioning of equipment, and supervising 3rd party contractors who perform maintenance, construction, and cleaning services.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance with strict accordance to SOPs.
- Complete detailed documentation of maintenance work and follow established procedures for GMP document completion, review, and filing / retention.
- Understand and interpret system documentation including blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, specifications, and operating manuals in performing maintenance and repair activities.
- Assist in the installation of new equipment and plant systems.
- Assist in decommissioning of equipment and systems.
- Participate in cleanroom, laboratory, and office construction projects by cleaning, sanitizing, performing construction work, supervising contractors, moving materials.
- Perform general facility upkeep including painting, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical work.
- Respond to urgent work requests regarding employee safety and / or spills.
- Complete routine building inspection for reliability, environmental, and health and safety factors.
- Supply information and technical data for procurement of equipment repair parts.
- Perform light material handling duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Leadership qualifications include, among other requirements:
- Understanding, observing, and adhering to the goals and policies outlined in Vericel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Serving as a role model for our fellow employees and business partners by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience with facilities and maintenance.
- Construction experience.
- Trade school certification.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work day starts at 7:30 AM.
- May be required to work in classified and controlled areas such as clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work outside, including on the roof of the building.
- Overtime and off shift accessibility is required.
- Participation in the On Call rotation is required
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.