Regional Sales Director West
Regional Sales Director West
Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting opportunity for a top performing Sales professional looking to join and contribute to a commercial stage company with an established portfolio of unique advanced cell therapies and specialty biologics. Reporting directly to the VP Burn Care National Sales at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join a high growth company with a strong balance sheet supported by a talented team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve.
Lead a sales culture of performance through execution excellence specific to strategy, tactical plans and key initiatives.
- Support an environment that best allows Account Managers (AM) to succeed, including focusing on the welfare of our stakeholders and the patients they serve.
- Meet or exceed sales goals and achieve results through teamwork and collaboration.
- Provide leadership in development of selling strategies.
- Create a high performing organization through recruiting, training, performance management, coaching and mentoring of team.
- Maximize time in the field with Account Managers to offer continuous and ongoing coaching and development.
- Partner with Account Managers and Burn Clinical Specialists to optimize management of all Epicel and Nexobrid cases; must have ability to manage a case independently.
- Build a network of customer and industry contacts for sales development and marketing partnership.
- Maintain current knowledge of market and competitive trends.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Collaborate and partner effectively with peer and support functions.
- Organize and execute meetings that yield shared insight and result in actionable next steps.
- Communicate effectively and positively influence the behavior of others.
- Trust the actions of team members and assume best of intentions with due diligence to verify results
- Work closely with Account Managers to plan territory coverage and develop customer targeting strategies. Effectively deploy strategies that maximize human and financial resources.
- Foster appropriate coordination between the AMs and the Burn Clinical Specialists (BSC)
- Additional responsibilities include: participate in cross-functional strategy sessions, identify market trends through data analysis, proactively work with sales training team to ensure deployment of training to staff, present at Regional and National Sales Meetings, and effectively manage administrative and financial responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Leadership qualifications include, among other requirements:
- Understanding, observing, and adhering to the goals and policies outlined in Vericel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Serving as a role model for our fellow employees and business partners by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing (preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in sales in pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry.
- 5+ years of experience directly managing a sales team in a complex selling environment. Demonstrated career progression within sales, marketing or training. (preferred)
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding goals and/or other quantitative targets and qualitative measures.
- Proven ability to plan, forecast, and manage financial information.
- Demonstrated experience in creative problem solving, advising management on sales strategy, and motivating team to achieve concrete goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong presentation and training skills.
- Ability to create meaningful relationships with key opinion leaders.
- Customer focused approach with includes responding to customer and team with a sense of urgency and professional respect.
- Strong leader with effective coaching and teambuilding skills.
- Strong understanding of product, disease state and competition
- Strong knowledge of managed care and product reimbursement of specialty pharmacy/buy & bill.
- Superior and persuasive negotiation skills required with the fortitude to sell, compete and be a self-starter.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint. Working knowledge of MS Excel including basic formulas and formatting.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology strongly desired in order to understand where and how products work clinically (burn background preferred).
- Self-motivated, high commitment and dedication with proactive mindset.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to review voluminous amounts of information (e.g. data tables) to distill relevant information.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships in an effort to meet short and long-term business objectives.
- Team player with the ability to lead and build consensus and to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Extensive travel required. Responsible for a large geography. Travel would consist of time spent in field with sales force, attending business meetings, industry meetings and working with key customers.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.