Burn Clinical Specialist - West
Burn Clinical Specialist - West
Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting opportunity for a top performing Burn Care professional looking to join and contribute to a commercial stage company with an established portfolio of unique advanced cell therapies and specialty biologics. Reporting directly to the Director, Regional Sales at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join a high growth company with a strong balance sheet supported by a talented team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve.
Front line, commercial position responsible for providing support in the procurement of Vericel products and the management of cases from biopsy through surgical procedures and ultimate discharge of burn patients. Also responsible for providing guidance, support, and input regarding optimal Epicel utilization for care of appropriate burn patients within existing accounts.
Provide clinical support for patients receiving Vericel products:
- Full engagement in and intimate knowledge of the care of Vericel burn patients from admission through discharge.
- Support during various Operating room procedures for each Epicel patient.
- Awareness of and impact on burn centers’ evolving patient population.
- Knowledge of various burn product utilization protocols.
- Train and support all appropriate staff in active accounts and select prospect accounts.
- Knowledge of all procedures associated with Epicel.
- Supplies compatible and not compatible with Epicel.
- Coordinate & lead surgical skills training programs associated with Epicel.
- Foster development of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
- Educate key decision makers, including surgeons and support personnel, on Epicel in partnership with BTS team.
Leadership qualifications include, among other requirements:
- Understanding, observing, and adhering to the goals and policies outlined in Vericel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Serving as role models for our fellow employees and business partners by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience with the care of severe burn patients.
- Experience with hospital operating room environments.
- A professional approach that sees patient welfare as the highest priority, with a strong drive to connect our products and services with every patient who will benefit.
- Expertise and personality to quickly earn trusted advisor status with key accounts and stakeholders, including top burn experts.
- Strong clinical and scientific acumen, particularly in burns or wound care, with ability to leverage in training top burn experts and support staff.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team.
- Ideal Location: CA
- Continuous training on technical and product knowledge.
- Continuous focus on development of personal and interpersonal skills, such as teamwork, time management, listening, trust and integrity, and work/life balance
- Strategic agility: ability to align individual business strategy with corporate goals, keen business acumen, problem solving, being innovative and thinking big picture.
- Drive for results: appropriate resource utilization, focus on fundamentals, utilize established best practices, leverage internal support, and take risks.
- Professional courage: respectfully challenge physicians, embrace difficult conversations, bring solutions, seek feedback, take accountability and ownership of your actions and results.
- Managing change: adapt to changing business needs, anticipate questions and challenges, deal with ambiguity, be open and transparent with your customers and your team, integrate into your customers’ practice.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Must manage significant regional travel demands
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.