Clinical Account Specialist - Sacramento
Clinical Account Specialist - Sacramento
Clinical Account Specialist - Sacramento, CA
Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting new opportunity for a high performing Sales professional looking to join and contribute to a high growth Biotech/Medtech company with multiple Cell Therapy products on the market as well as a strong balance sheet. Reporting directly to the Director, Regional Sales at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing $2 Billion+ market cap life sciences company with a talented team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve.
Clinical Account Specialist is responsible for MACI sales and Surgeon growth.
- Call on orthopedic surgeons and specialists in cartilage repair to deliver a targeted sales message based on accurate clinical information, using approved sales and marketing materials.
- Attend surgical implantation procedures, as needed, and provide education, training and support to clinical personnel and other staff associated with use and implant of Vericel Products.
- Ensure completion of Surgeon product training required by FDA.
- Work with customers to educate on product and procedure reimbursement across different insurance carriers and facilities, and foster a relationship with case management team.
- Utilize corporate resources i.e. education speaker programs, lunch budgets, and local conference attendance.
- Knows, understands, and follows Vericel and Government regulations.
- Other projects and assignments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Leadership qualifications include, among other requirements:
- Understanding, observing, and adhering to the goals and policies outlined in Vericel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Serving as role models for our fellow employees and business partners by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a science, business or marketing degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of proven successful sales results. OR sales and orthopedic background preferred.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology strongly desired in order to understand where and how products work clinically.
- Candidate will need to undergo and successfully pass hospital credentialing requirements in order to perform certain aspects of their job, including a 10 panel drug screen.
- Self-motivated, high commitment and dedication with proactive mindset.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to review voluminous amounts of information (e.g., data tables) and distill relevant information.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships to meet short, and long-term business objectives.
- Team player with the ability to lead and build consensus and to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, independence, initiative, creativity, confidentiality, integrity, stability and efficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong presentation and training skills, and interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Project management skills and proficiency with Microsoft applications.
- Ideal candidate will live in Sacramento territory
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Travel minimum 25% overnight stays and travel within territory.
- Ability to attend surgery and stand for long periods of time.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.