MACI Product Manager
MACI Product Manager
Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting opportunity for a top performing Marketing professional looking to join and contribute to a commercial stage company with an established portfolio of unique advanced cell therapies and specialty biologics. Reporting directly to the Senior Product Manager at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join a high growth company with a strong balance sheet supported by a talented team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve.
The MACI® Product Manager is primarily a downstream marketing role jointly responsible for MACI implant delivery techniques and instrumentation. Following approval by the FDA, the role will be highlighted by the commercial launch of the MACI Arthro™ surgical technique which utilizes custom designed instrumentation to facilitate this procedure. In addition to overall general planning, support, and execution of the MACI brand, this position will work collaboratively to develop and refine the following:
- Training and educational resources and programs for surgeons and the sales team.
- Instrumentation portfolio management programs that may lead to instrumentation improvements or new instrument development for both open and, when approved, arthroscopic, MACI techniques.
- New product introduction, promotion, and early adoption of the MACI Arthro procedure, when approved.
The position will serve as a critical interface with key customers and opinion leaders in the field of sports medicine as well as internal cross functional business partners in Sales, Medical Affairs, Life Cycle Management and other supportive business functions throughout Vericel. The role reports to the Senior Product Manager, Marketing.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to develop and refine surgical technique resources for both the MACI Sales Team as well as Orthopedic Surgeons
- Work with key customers, opinion leaders, consultants to optimize the utilization of existing instrumentation.
- Work with KOLs, Sales, Life Cycle Management and 3rd Party Vendors to refine and evolve all surgical instrumentation used in the MACI implant procedure.
- Support the brand management team in development and implementation of initiatives in conjunction and consultation with sales and training.
- Facilitate communication with cross-functional colleagues, including reporting on projects.
- Support the management of the marketing budget for the brand.
- Contribute to the brand strategy planning effort alongside sales team; including demand generation initiatives designed for health care providers and patients.
- Collaborate with brand team agency partners to develop promotional and educational resources and work closely with regional sales partners to understand changing market dynamics.
- Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to foster a collaborative, compliant and efficient MLR (medical, legal, regulatory) review and submission process.
- Facilitate the promotion and education of the brand during medical conference events; including identifying and maintaining strong relationships with customers and associations.
- Monitor market trends and competitive intelligence for distribution among the brand management team. Other projects and assignments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Leadership qualifications include, among other requirements:
- Understanding, observing, and adhering to the goals and policies outlined in Vericel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Serving as a role model for our fellow employees and business partners by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, Marketing or Business Administration preferred)
- Minimum of 3-5 years in operating room (OR) sales and marketing experience in orthopedic surgery, including sports medicine surgery is highly preferred.
- Other experience with surgical product / instrumentation sales, marketing, and product development is also preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Travel: 30% of time (and up to 50% at peak)
- Access to all hospital and surgery center operating rooms as needed to support brand strategies.
- Supporting surgical skills training courses as well as industry and professionally sponsored meetings, many of which occur over weekends.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.