Vice President, Operational Excellence
Vice President, Operational Excellence
Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting opportunity for a top performing operations professional looking to join and contribute to a commercial stage company with an established portfolio of unique advanced cell therapies and specialty biologics. Reporting directly to the senior Vice President, Operations at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join a high growth company with a strong balance sheet supported by a talented team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve.
The Vice President of Operational Excellence is responsible for developing and implementing a holistic Lean Transformation program to enhance safety culture, boost operational efficiency, identify and resolve quality issues, and maximize efficiency. This role also includes overseeing all Industrial Performance-related programs, projects, and processes. The candidate will work closely with the Leadership team to foster a culture of continuous improvement and ensure that the site possesses the necessary Lean tools and knowledge to effectively support industrial performance objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable to design, establish and execute a Lean Transformation program that results in improved Safety Culture, increased efficiency, and identification and resolution of quality events.
- Govern and oversight of all programs/projects/process related to improving Operations efforts/Organizational Design/Performance/Work Force Planning within operations.
- Responsible for oversight installation and implementation of Lean. Ensure focus on all Lean elements; understanding capabilities and gaps to drive efforts to constantly improve performance across the site.
- Provide program design expertise and guidance to ensure programs are properly constructed and include all applicable projects and work streams.
- Partner with Leadership team to maintain continuous improvement culture and program at the site. Ensure sufficient capability in Lean tools/knowledge to support Industrial performance objectives.
- Track broad company performance against operational goals and performance metrics.
Leadership responsibilities include, among other requirements:
- Understanding, observing, and adhering to the goals and policies outlined in Vericel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Serving as a role model for our fellow employees and business partners by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 10 years prior operational management experience including line management of Managers and Directors.
- Prior industry experience leading cultural, operational and compliance transformations with quantifiable results required.
- Acting as a role model for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgement in performing our jobs.
- Proven ability to drive cultural change and encourage commitment to continuous improvement.
- Strong change management skills
- Ability to lead, engage, and influence employees at all organizational levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, science or a related field or greater than 15 years of related experience.
- Effective collaboration with employees is essential to align the Lean Transformation program with the organization’s broader strategies. The ability to communicate, influence and work seamlessly with everyone is a must.
- The role requires the ability to drive cultural change and inspire a commitment to continuous improvement. Strong change management skills, including the capacity to lead, engage, and influence employees at all levels of the organization, are critical.
- The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of strategic leadership in operations, with the ability to set a clear vision and direction for a Transformation program. They should possess the capacity to align this vision with broader organizational goals.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.