Senior Manager, Corporate Finance and FP&A
Senior Manager, Corporate Finance and FP&A
Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting opportunity for a top performing finance professional looking to join and contribute to a commercial stage company with an established portfolio of unique advanced cell therapies and specialty biologics. Reporting directly to the VP of Finance and Investor Relations at Vericel, this is a great opportunity to join a high growth company with a strong balance sheet supported by a talented team of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Finance and FP&A reports directly the to the VP of Finance and Investor Relations. This position is responsible for leading the financial planning processes, monthly financial analysis and quarterly management reporting. In addition, the Senior Manager will be the primary business partner for key leaders within the organization.
This is a highly visible role and in addition to supporting core FP&A activities, the Senior Manager will assist with investor relations and partner with the CEO/CFO and other leaders on strategic projects, including evaluating potential business development and other potential strategic transactions..
- Manage and continually improve annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process
- Own the annual budgeting process
- Complete quarterly or adhoc forecasts as needed
- Lead monthly financial analysis monthly / quarterly reporting
- Conducting monthly variance analysis vs. budget, forecast and prior year to gain insights into business performance vs. expectations
- Prepare and present monthly financial results to CFO and accounting leadership
- Update and continually improve quarterly board of director reporting package
- Maintain long term financial model for the company and analyze how investments/changes/strategic scenarios could impact multi-year P&L and value creation
- Maintain current year and multi-year corporate model for company
- Valuation analysis of existing business and potential strategic transactions using multiple valuation techniques and comparison of company to peers on multiple key metrics
- Work closely with VP of Finance as well as CFO and CEO to analyze and provide financial support for potential business development transactions
- Work closely with Business Development team to develop assumptions and create financial models for potential business development opportunities
- Ensure we are supporting brands/functions/company to ensure we are optimally investing to achieve highest growth while maintaining strong profitability profile
- Partner with brand teams to drive ROI/other metrics; provide financial support for marketing plans/resource decisions, ensure plans are supporting assumptions in Budget and Long-Range Plan/multi-year views
- Prepare key monthly financial reports for ELT members and Functions, including analyses of current performance
- Work with VP of Finance to be a key contributor to Investor Relations activities
- Help with preparation of quarterly earnings materials
- Analyze stock performance and trading trends vs. other comparable companies
- Review analyst reports and maintain consensus details
- Work closely with CEO & CFO with projects as required and support key corporate events and meetings
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Leadership qualifications include, among other requirements:
- Understanding, observing, and adhering to the goals and policies outlined in Vericel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Serving as role models for our fellow employees and business partners by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a similar role
- Advanced excel modeling skills
- Demonstrated ability modeling full financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- Experience with corporate finance, valuation and financial modeling techniques
- General understanding of capital markets
- Strategic mindset
- Willingness to be into the details
- Strong written (Word & PowerPoint) and verbal communication skills
- Commercial and/or R&D finance experience preferred but not required
- Experience in banking, consulting and/or life sciences preferred
- MBA preferred
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.